Can my ex move our kids 20 miles away to a different city? Posted on June 20, 2011

We currently have a 50/50 custody arrangement where our kids spend one week with the next and me with dad. Their dad wants to move in with his girlfriend to another city from where we both live Our kids are 9 & 5 and have already expressed they do not want to move. He is arguing that nothing changes because he will drive them to the same local school they currently attend. Our kids have already had a very difficult time readjusting to the current living situation, is there anything I can do? I tried to suggest if he wishes to move out with her to get a place locally within the city so it's not so far for our kids but it just ends up in an argument. The move has not occurred in full yet... But I need to know what my legal standpoint is!