Can my ex legally keep me from seeing my kids? 2 Answers as of February 27, 2012

My ex and I have two boys together and have recently split up, I give her money every two weeks with proof that I have. Can she legally keep me from seeing my kids? There is no court order and trying to do this without going to court, or can she tell me when and where I see my kids? She is mad that I have a girlfriend and I won’t tell her where I live, due to the fact that I am afraid she will do physical harm to my things. Right now she lets me see them on her terms and drops them off to me at a restaurant or fast food and picks them up from there and will not just let me take them . What can I do ? We were never married.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
W/O a court order ordering her to do certain things it is difficult. However, to answer your question, you do have a legal right to see your children and she does not have the right to withhold visitation from you.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/27/2012
Anderson & Boback | Janice L Boback
If you were never married you need a court order adjudicating you the father so you can obtain visitation with your kids.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/27/2012
Click to View More Answers: