Can my ex keep me from seeing my children if there is no child custody order? 5 Answers as of July 04, 2013

If there is no court order in the state, can my ex keep me from seeing our 3 children?

Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
no each party has equal rights.
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
Did the Final Judgment of Divorce not deal with issues related to the children? If there was not a divorce, then you need to file something to establish your rights.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
If you were never married, yes. If you were married, no. Either way, this will not be very good for the ex when it comes to court. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck and remember, you want to take action to remedy this situation sooner as opposed to later.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
That depends. Were you married? If not, then has your paternity been established? If not, then the answer is yes. If you were married or your paternity has been established, you have rights, so no, she cannot keep you from the children. However, a timesharing and parenting plan needs to be established so that the time with and responsibility for the children is shared. You should consult with an experienced attorney to assist you in establishing, asserting and protecting your rights. My office offers free initial telephone consultations if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, as well as explore the potential rights and options available.