Can my ex husband use my boyfriends criminal record against me in court? 1 Answers as of July 20, 2011

Im divorcing and living with my boyfriend. Husband foud out boyfriend has criminal record. No sex crimes or any crime against women. One homicide, however. Husband wants to take possession of house, throw me out and gain custody of kids. Kids been living with me for a year since he left me for a 20 year old. My boyfriend has been very nice with my kids, they love him. Husband does not even pay child support. He is using my boyfriend criminal past as a pretext to obtain possession of marital home and gain custody.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
A criminal record can have an influence in the judge determining what living arrangement is in the best interest of the children. However, that alone should not play a factor, especially if it was a long time ago and an isolated incident. You really need to consult with a family law attorney as soon as possible to assist you with this matter, as it sounds like your divorce is going to get messy quick, and you need to protect yourself and your children interests.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: