Can my ex get visitation back and not pay child support? 3 Answers as of August 04, 2011

My ex was ordered to pay child support back in 2009 and hasnt paid anything now were going to court, can he get visitation back and not pay anything?

Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
Child Support and Visitation (now called timesharing), are two entirely separate matters. Yes he can get timesharing and yes you can file a Motion for Contempt with regard to his failure to pay child support. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Law Offices of Adam Bessen
Law Offices of Adam Bessen | Adam Bessen
Visitation or time-sharing is separate from child support. In other words, failure to pay child support does not allow the court to suspend visitation. You can however, move for contempt based on the failure to pay.