Can my ex come take my son to another state? How? 8 Answers as of June 12, 2015

My son is seven and he's been living with me for the past 7 months. His mom moved to another state and he came to stay with me. She now for some reason wants him to come live with her.

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
If your son has been living with you for the past seven months, Nevada has retained jurisdiction on the issue of custody. I strongly recommend going to the Family Court while custody is in Nevada to seek custody of your son and have the Court determine what is in your son's best interest. Nevada provides mediation and maybe you and the mother can reach an agreement on this issue and other related matters.
At this point it seems best to begin a custody action in the county where you live. And to seek a temporary order giving you legal custody and primary physical placement. (Generally, the uniform law adopted in most states gives preference in jurisdiction to the court where the child has lived for the past six months.) But first things first: consult an experienced family law attorney in your area as soon as you can. Good Luck.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
What does the parenting plan say? Any private arrangements are not valid. You must follow the plan or go to court to change it to reflect the current circumstances.
Will depend on whatever the terms of the present court order in effect state.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
There is not enough information. Is there a court order and if so, what does it say about custody and visitation. If there is no court order, you are both free to do what you want.
    The answer to this question has everything to do with whether or not there's existing court orders on parenting. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
    Whatever State you are in here is what you need to do; You need to file an emergency Ex Parte motion for custody and placement of the minor child, you really should retain a good family law attorney, not just an attorney.
    GordenLaw, LLC
    GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
    She can take him whenever she wants unless you get a custody order. If the child has been here more than 6 months, Nebraska has jurisdiction as the home state and you should file for custody here right away while you have the advantage of him being with you. Best wishes.