Can my employer still see my dismissed DUI charge? 11 Answers as of February 22, 2012

Can an employer see my dismissed DUI charge even if it didnt go on trial. The file was sit there and got dismissed for reason, not enough evidence to against the charge. it was almost two years from now. If the employer can view/run report, can I seal my record?

Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Any arrest does show up on a criminal record. You can ask the arresting agency to delete the entry. Send a formal letter to them with as much information as you have. If they refuse you have the right to file a motion for a finding of factual innocence in court. A good lawyer would be recommended for that motion.
It depends on the system that he is using. The worst that can happen is that it will come up that DUI charges were dropped. You cannot have is sealed unless it was a Juvie charge and you cannot have it expunged unless you were convicted.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Christopher Lee
A DUI dismissed by the judge or prosecuting agency in the interest of justice should not appear on your criminal record. However, your arrest record regarding the DUI may still appear since the arresting agency and the courts are two separate entities. You can file a factual innocence motion with the local police agency pursuant to Penal Cod 851.8
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Yes, your employer will be able to see the charge; he/she will not see a conviction but a dismissal. You can get am arrest record sealed only if you can probe factual innocence which is pretty tough to do.
Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
They would typically be able to see a charge, an arrest and the dismissal. Due to the fact that the case was dismissed this should not hurt you.
    If the charges were dismissed completely, then there is no conviction on your record, but there is still an arrest record. From my experience, most employers are more concerned with convictions than arrest records. It is possible to seal your arrest record, but it is a bit of a process.
    You can file under Penal Code 1203.4 (google it) but it is basically worthless as all it does it show that you were charged, case dismissed, and now you have gotten the relief under 1203.4 In other words it is still there. But the only way an employer can see it is if he gets a signed release from you allowing him to check your record.
    So can anyone with access to the records. If you qualify, you could apply for a declaration of factual innocence, and seek to seal the arrest record. It requires that the case have been dismissed because the judge and DA believed you were innocent, and there were no facts to support prosecution. Does sound like your case. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me to discuss the fees and costs involved.
    If it was never filed or dismissed, then nothing will show up. You cannot seal something that doesn't exist.
    Desert Defenders
    Desert Defenders | John Jimenez
    There is no DUI charge, only an arrest. Yes, it will show up on a DMV record check. Getting it erased would be extremely difficult, but possible.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    It was dismissed! No consequences even if they see it.