Can my employer revoke my green card? 4 Answers as of September 11, 2013

If was on a deputation in US from my company in India. They had processed my GC and I have got the GC. Now as part of some fine tuning they want to do on the onsite-offshore ratio, they are asking me to go back to India in a 2 week notice. I was told that I would continue here and I will look for another job. I need some time for me to search and land in a new job. Can I legally get some more time from the employer? If I am not able to find another job in a week, I might be still in their payroll and if I do not quit, they might fire me. If they fire me does my Green Card get revoked . Can they jeopardize my GC in anyway, if I request for 3 months to find another job?

The green card is yours unless obtained by fraud.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
If you now have the green card and the term of employment that the green card were based upon have changed you should not have any concerns regarding maintaining your green card status whereas extended time outside the U.S. may create complications for your immigration status.
No. Only USCIS can seek to revoke your green card.
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
No, the employer can't revoke your green card and they can't force you to go back to India. Only USCIS can revoke it for fraud or misrepresentation which doesn't sound like the case here. You should document everything the employer is telling you to do as far as having to go back to India in case you later have to explain why you left the company so soon after getting the green card. It is unlikely, but you may be asked about it when you later go for naturalization interview. You shouldn't have a problem.