Can my employer forge my name on a write-up? 1 Answers as of July 29, 2016

I am employed at a fast food restaurant which I won't name just so as to avoid any defamation. May 29th of this year was my last day working there. I had no idea that would be my last day though. After 2 weeks of attempting to get in touch with my employer, I was told by one of the employees who is a family friend that I had not been fired but suspended. He said that he knew I had no notification of the suspension because the store manager had written me up while I was on my normal off day from work and had asked him to sign the document in my name because she needed my signature. The employee refused and so my employer signed the document in my name in the office of the restaurant right under the camera. She sent it in to the district manager and I suppose that was the end of it. I still have not had contact with my employer although contact was attempted by myself. I wasn't given a warning and therefore have been out of work since that May 29.I have tried filing for unemployment with this same business before and the store manager told me "we don't do payouts for unemployment." And they are fighting me by saying that I voluntarily left, which I did not. What should I do?

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You may have waited too long. All you had to do was to get an affidavit from your relative and submit it to UE with your appeal. Make sure that the affidavit recites that the sequence of events was captured on video.