Can my Dominican soon to be husband get his papers right away? 5 Answers as of March 26, 2014

I was born in the United States of America. My soon to be husband is a Dominican and he entered the United States legally. And I'm looking forward to get his papers done. I known him for two years and been with him for three years. Can I have some information on this issue?

As long as he entered the US lawfully and can document that lawful entry, you can petition for him and he can legalize his status within the US on the basis of the bona fide marriage.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
After you have been married, you can petition for your future husband on form I-130 and he can apply for adjustment of status on form I-485 because he entered the US legally. He won't get his papers "right away", but it is currently taking about 4 month for USCIS to interview him after he submits the paperwork.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
You can marry him and apply for his green card. The entire process takes about 3 months from start to finish. The timing of the wedding is important. You don't want to get married to soon and then have problems getting the green card. It is always best to consult with an experienced immigration attorney first.
He would not get them right away. It will take approximately 6-8 months to complete the process.
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Yes, you can petition for him. And, since he entered the US legally, he may stay here while the petition is pending. In other words, he may adjust to permanent residency here in the US without having to go back to Republica Dominicana.