Can my daughter stay with me in another state until her court date? 3 Answers as of July 11, 2013

My daughter was arrested in Louisiana and is out due to my signing her $2000 bond guarantee to make sure she appears in court. Does she have to stay in Louisiana or can she come here and stay with me in Florida and return to Louisiana for her court date?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
You should first of all make sure to secure the services of a local criminal defense attorney to ensure that your case is being handled properly. While it should not necessarily be a problem for your daughter to leave the state with you pending her court date, you can ensure that this is the case by having your attorney file a Motion to Leave the Jurisdiction which, if approved, will grant you permission to take her out of the state with you until returning for her court date. If for some reason a judge determines that your daughter has violated the terms of her bonded release by leaving the state without this permission, you could potentially forfeit your bond and your daughter may have a warrant issued for her arrest.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/11/2013
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Part of the bond obligation is to remain in the state. A motion to reside outside of the state should be filed with the court
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/20/2011
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs | Craig Gibbs
She is supposed to get permission from the court but they usually do not check.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: