Can my daughter process adoption on his fiancé’s children who she will be marrying soon? 5 Answers as of May 15, 2014

Her soon-to-be husband has 3 children from his previous marriage. Sadly the mother of the 3 children passed away. She also had other children from 2 other men which are siblings to the 3 children in question. Her future husband would like to have peace of mind if anything should happen to him, the kids would remain with his wife, my daughter.

James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
They can begin a step parent adoption.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Usually, you must wait at least 1 year after marriage to start step-parent adoption.
LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
After they are married it should be fairly easy to do a stepparent adoption. Fees are high for County's investigation but process is not difficult.
It would be appropriate to proceed with an adoption if your daughter wishes to assume all the legal responsibilities of the children including support in the event that the parties end their relationship.
Elizabeth Jones, A Professional Corporation
Elizabeth Jones, A Professional Corporation | Elizabeth Jones
Yes. After they are married. And they need an attorney.