Can my cousin return to the US and retain residency? 1 Answers as of June 07, 2011

My cousin was deported a few years ago and apparently he signed a paper stating he was a citizen from Ohio which we believe was a misunderstanding for he was heading to CA when he crossed the border he returned and years later married a resident and 3 children all under 10 years old he then got deported but he signed a voluntary deportation. My question is can he do anything to obtain his residency or anything for him to return to the U.S?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes he can. His family can petition him and begin the process anew. Normally when gain an immigration benefit by false claim of Citizenship, you are pretty sure making it impossible to get any kind of an immigration benefit for ever. But in this case, there is a waiver application that is generally available for people in his category. Now I do not know his specific circumstances in order to be able to decide whether he qualifies or not. But consult competent counsel to see the possibilities. I think they look somewhat good without knowing much. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: