Can my convicted husband sponsor me for green card? 3 Answers as of September 09, 2014

My husband is on parole and he is an American citizen and I am an immigrant. He was convicted twice for burglary and drug charges (possession). We are married for 2 years. He spent 1 year in prison during the marriage and we are together for three. I work and I never had drug problems. We have several letters and cards we exchange while he was away. Now he is my dependent on my job, eye, and dental care life insurance. We are paying his debits because we were not able to open a bank account for him. Our IDs has our home address and our rent is in our name. We are legit and I have pictures for this last 3 years with him and his family. We have a letter from his therapist and work. We also have letter from his mom and sister saying how long they know me that I am part of the family and that we are married. My lawyer said we won't be approved on the interview (I already applied I already have my work permit) it can take years for the investigation to make decision. Is that true?

Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Marriage cases are fact specific. You may have a shot if you and your husband are well prepared by a competent immigration lawyer. USCIS may separate you and your husband at interview or it may send investigator to visit your home and neighbors.
Unfortunately, if you are looking for a second opinion, you need to consult an experienced immigration attorney. There is not enough information to assess the potential issues with the case.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Yes, a USA citizen with drugs and burglary convictions can certainly sponsor his foreign wife for a green card. Of course, the parties must otherwise be eligible, but those two crimes do not bar him from being a sponsor.