Can my children be taken in by DCFS in a state other than where we live? Posted on January 03, 2011

My father lives in Wisconsin and I live in Illinois. He was receiving kinship for my son, but I recently took my son back into my custody. I brought my son back to visit my father and my father was suspicious of some bruising that my son had on his body, which he got from playing in the yard. When my dad asked my 2 year old son what happened, he said that my live in boyfriend did it to him. So now we are investigated for alleged abuse and they took both of my children away in Wisconsin.

Is it legal for them to take my kids from another state? if not, and i get them back will illinois be able to take them into custody and put them into a foster home here? and these accusations of abuse are not true can they arrest my boyfriend because my two year old son said that he hit him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: