Can my child be taken away from me if my boyfriend is being falsely accused of sexual assault? 1 Answers as of August 02, 2011

I live in Mankato Minnesota and My Boyfriend is in jail for domestic assault and he has a few other domestic assaults on his record. None of them are for me. We have known each other for 9 year and dated off and on through out. We recently got back together while he has been in jail. Well we have a website that says whose in jail here and why and for some reason they put on there that he is in for criminal sexual conduct and he's not. I have gone to all of his court hearings and the judge has not mentioned once about anything to that affect but someone went and told child services about him and his past and about what it says on that website and now they are threatening to take my daughter away if I stay with him. Can they do that when they haven't even talk to any one at the court house to prove that's what he is in there for?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Beaulier Law Office
Beaulier Law Office | Maury Beaulier
If child protection believes your boyfriend is a danger and you will not restrict his access to the children, a Child Protection action may be commenced and the children may be removed from your care. Your priority must be your child and not your boyfriend in that situation.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: