Can my brothers adult son immigrate with him to the US? 5 Answers as of August 17, 2011

I am a US Citizen who applied for my brother and his family to migrate to US. Recently I have received through mail notification from NVC that the priority date for my application has arrived which is 31 July 2000. My question is whether my brother's family can migrate with him to US? My brother's family include himself, his wife and two sons ages 20 and 22. I am more concerned about the son who is now 22 old. Can my brother bring him to US after their visa is issued? Both sons are singles and living with my brother. I am currently in process of filling out the Affidavit of support.

It appears that everyone may apply. the 22 year old, may or may not be covered under Child Status Protection Act. You will need an experienced immigration attorney to help you. Let us know if we can help.
You should contact NVC by email or phone (you will find the contact information in the correspondence that you are receiving from them) and let NVC know that your brother will adjust status with his wife and all his children under 21.
Potentially the 22 year old can be included. You would need to do an assessment under the child Status Protection Act.
No, the adult son will not be qualified as a minor (under 21) dependent on the application.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
It is likely that the children's age will be preserved "under 21" using the Child Status Protection Act. However, there is a calculation that must be done. The NVC will send a bill and it should include them. They usually do the calculation, but you need to double check them if they do not include them with the bill.