Can my brother sue my mom for our dead dad’s things? 6 Answers as of January 14, 2015

He keeps making awful threats because mom was left half of dad’s savings. The brother half as well but he wants her half too. I’m afraid for my mom’s well-being.

Is there a probate proceeding pending? If so, talk to the lawyer handling. If not, is this a small estate, where probate is not necessary. I take it there is a will; who is named as executor? Lots of unanswered questions. In any event, bro is not entitled to mom's share, according to what you say. However, if he is the executor and there is a probate, he has the duty to gather (sequester) assets. Maybe that's what you are talking about.
Tell your brother to get a lawyer specializing in probate to write a letter on your mom to explain to brother why he is not entitled to other half of dad's property; he is lucky to get anything.
Is your mother over 65 years of age? If yes, it sounds as if your brother is committing financial elder abuse and should be reported to the local authority. He could be arrested and sent to jail for threatening your mother. This is very complicated and your mother should seek the assistance of an attorney immediately.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Anyone can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean they can win.
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
Anyone can sue for anything. If he does, he will lose.
    This has already answered. You have to give more facts, but why would you think he has any legal right to sue? She should tell him to stop harassing her.