Can my brother obtain a green card if he has lived in the US? 3 Answers as of May 05, 2011

My brother has lived in The U.S for 14 years, is he eligible for a green card? He has worked with a made up SS#, owes speeding, no drivers license, no insurance tickets and has child support.

I assume your brother has someone other than you to sponsor him into the US, assuming you are a USC. You can do it but it will take a long time, 10- 15 years. He will have to get his immigrant visa outside of the US and may have to spend some time there before getting it. I suggest that he take care of his child support issues (this is serious!) before presenting himself to the consul for a visa. Look, have him clean up whatever issues he has and have him stay out of trouble. If he does not have a good moral character, he may be denied any visa application he would otherwise qualify for. I do not have enough information to opine on any "Cancellation of Removal" he might qualify for. Have him consult competent counsel to explore his options. Good luck!
It sounds like your brother is living a good life here, but that will not be enough. He needs to fit into one of the categories that allow this, such as marriage to a US citizen. Also, if he entered the US without permission that will have a big impact on his options. Please have him do a full consult with a competent immigration attorney.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
There is no way to get permanent residence only based on the facts you have given. There is something called cancellation of removal which has a 10 year physical requirement. However, that is not the only requirement. There must also be a qualifying relative and a showing of hardship. Your brother should meet with an experienced attorney to see if this or other options are available to him.