Can my brother get a tourism visa? 1 Answers as of May 06, 2011

My brother is 22 years old, and will complete his BS in IT from India in June '11. He currently has a job offer from a company and will start working for them from September 2011. My parents already have 10 years of US tourist visa. I would like him along with my parents to visit me for 2 weeks. I have been living in US for last 5 years and am currently on H1B visa. What are the chances of getting him US Tourism Visa, as my main concern is his young age?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Upon applying, he will be deemed an applicant for an immigrant visa unless he can show reasons why he should be given a nonimmigrant visa. Your concerns are correct as most people young in age do not often qualify for a tourist visa. However, he can get one if he can show that he has very strong roots in India that will compel him to go back after visiting. The size of his bank account will be one of them, his job, any real and personal property he might have, a spouse, and a variety of other things including a possible bond if they find it necessary. Having said all that, the first place to look for the requirements is the pertinent US Embassy's website. Each post is different in terms of what needs to be shown for a visitor's visa. Look there and it will be all laid out for you. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: