Can my brother get a probation transfer to another state? 1 Answers as of June 03, 2011

My brother is now 19 years old and got arrested for a situation dealing with a minor. To shorten the story they gave him 2 years probation for a misdemeanor with a charge of exposing his genitals. He has to have a home to live in where there are no children under the age 18. He has no family like this in milwaukee and his family lives in louisiana. He wants to get his probation moved to louisiana but his probation officer is saying no. Is there a way around this so that my brother can get help. We have a home for him to go to and he is not a felon.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
You can consult with a criminal attorney who will be more familiar with probation terms there. While an attorney's involvement may help, unfortunately it may be the case that it is entirely up to your brother's probation officer as to whether or not he may leave the jurisdiction.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 6/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: