Can my brother apply for a visitors visa for me? 3 Answers as of January 27, 2011

My Brother lives in the U.S.A. He owns a big house. He's working with an engineering company with annual income of 100K. He pays taxes. His family has green card and citizenship. He wants to sponsor me for visiting the USA and he will bear my expenses during my stay to U.S.A. I am 53 years old, living in Pakistan. Is his case strong? Should I apply for the visit visa?

Yes he can invite you and "sponsor" you for the visitor visa but the consulate must be satisfied that you are only coming temporarily and will return after your visit and not overstay - this means strong ties to your home country - longstanding job, family left behind, etc.
Yes, you could apply for your own visitor visa and reference your brother as your strong supporter on the application.
Yes, he can. but you have to prove strong social connection in Pakistan so that you don't have immigration intent.