Can my boyfriend stay in the US if he is an illegal immigrant? 1 Answers as of April 28, 2017

My boyfriend lied and told the US border that he was a US citizen in 1995. He is 42 years old and we area wanting to get married. But he has a 14 year old daughter here who is a US citizen. He would really like to stay here in the US.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. With that being said, your boyfriend has a number of things going against him. (1) He is here illegally, which will make him deportable if he is ever apprehended. (2) He made a false claim of citizenship. (3) He lied to a Border Patrol Agent. I strongly suggest that your boyfriend contact an experienced attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding his situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze his case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2017
Click to View More Answers: