Can my boyfriend stay here permanently after being deported? 4 Answers as of June 02, 2011

The father of my son was deported and came back to US. He fled his country because someone wants to kill him, what can he do to stay. He has a record.

It is possible, but he will have to go before the Immigration Judge (IJ) if ICE or CBP do not get him first. Once ordered removed, you can be removed again without appearing before an IJ. I suppose he request a credible fear of persecution interview if he is nabbed. If he can show that someone will certainly kill him if he went back to his country and that he cannot move to a different part of the country to stay safe (or a different readily available country, other than the US) and/or that his government is unable or unwilling to protect him, then I say he should apply for asylum. My guess is that he will not get asylum but in removal proceedings he may be able to get "Withholding of Removal" or Withholding of Removal under the Convention Against Torture" and or some other esoteric relief of that kind. Of course, the question that comes to mind is why didn't he present a case for any of those when he was last before the Immigration Judge? Some attorney should be getting a call from him right about now. It's a stretch but well worth a try if his life is at stake. Good luck!
He will need a basis for both his permanent residence and a waiver. He may not be eligible for a waiver depending on the circumstances of his deportation. Please email me full details and I can advise more fully. Thank you.
This is very serious. You need a lawyer to go through his paper work to know what options he has.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
He may qualify for asylum or withholding of removal. Speak with an immigration attorney regarding his case. For a free consultation you may contact my office.