Can my boyfriend sponsor me even though he has records? 2 Answers as of February 07, 2011

My boyfriend is an American citizen and I am a Filipina currently working here in Denmark. He wants to marry me and take me to America but his lawyer said he cannot sponsor me because of the records he has in America. He got 8 bad records. Is there any possible way for him to get me?

Under the Adam Walsh Act, certain convictions involving child can make it virtually impossible for a U.S. Citizen to petition someone. Your boyfriends attorney is probably aware of this law, and knows that because of the crimes your boyfriend was conviction of, a petition would not be approved.
Yes, he is eligible to file for you. However, you do have extra work to do to prove your case. You need a lawyer to represent you. Don't do it on your own. Filing petition is not all about filling out a form. You bear burden to prove your case. So you are strongly advised to hire an attorney. If you like, you are welcome to contact us.