Can my boyfriend move out of state with our children? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I were together for 10 years. We had 2 children together. I moved to Arizona and he was going to move here after working a couple of more months on the road to save up money. We got into an argument & we aren't apeaking. He told me he was going to take me to court for leaving the state with his children. We've never gone to court for custody or anything. Can he do this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Donaldson Stewart, PC
Donaldson Stewart, PC | Monica H. Donaldson Stewart
I can't speak for the laws of the state you moved from, but under AZ law, if you do not have court orders for parenting time, you were not required to obtain his consent or a court order prior to moving to AZ. If he files an action now in AZ regarding custody/parenting time, the court would have to decide the issues based on the children's "best interests," taking into consideration the statutory factors.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: