Can my boyfriend's mother get custody of my baby? 3 Answers as of September 08, 2014

I'm not married, and I live in a safe place with my parents. I document all the moments I share with my baby: what she did - smiling, when I read to her, feedings, urine and stool, etc. I let my boyfriend's mother know when she can visit my baby because I am breastfeeding and still in my six week recovery stage. She always cancels on me with a text message. I just feel in my heart that my boyfriend's mother will try to get custody?

The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
You should consult with a family law attorney in your area. Based upon the limited information you have given, it would be unlikely that the paternal grandmother would succeed if she attempted to claim custody, but you should definitely seek legal advice to make certain that if she attempts it, you are prepared and can be successful.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
If a case is opened in dependency court, custody can be with any appropriate relative, however given the facts you have stated, there is no basis to open a case since they would have to allege that there is a physical or emotional danger to the child if left in your care.
There's nothing in your question that would justify your ex boyfriends mother gaining custody. More information may be needed to understand your concern. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.