Can my boyfriend be deported if we have a child together? 2 Answers as of August 18, 2011

If my boyfriend is illegal and we have a child can he get deported? I live in Houston, Texas. We also would like to get married.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
It is possible to get deported even if you have a child together. Accordingly, you should figure out how to make him a resident before that happens. Consider consular processing if he entered illegally.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/18/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Yes, a USC minor child is not a ground of relief from deportation.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: