Can my boyfriend also have his ex charged with marijuana dealings? 8 Answers as of July 24, 2013

My boyfriend is charged with marijuana possession and conspiracy to distribute. His ex girlfriend set him up and reported to the FBI. How can he have her charged as well? If he offers information as to her marijuana dealings, where can he report her? Can he make a deal in exchange for information about her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
He needs to speak with his attorney about this. If he does not have one, he needs to get one.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/24/2013
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
If he has viable, independent evidence explicitly connecting the ex to a crime, he can try reporting this to the police or prosecutor in the county/city where the crimes occurred. Note, however, as the girlfriend was first to report his dealings, any law enforcement agency will be highly suspicious of this guy's motives, and will not do anything without definitive proof.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/24/2013
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
It's possible. But it is very tricky. Your boyfriend needs experienced counsel to represent him through that process.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/24/2013
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
He can try to make a deal with the prosecutor through his attorney.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/24/2013
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Doubtful that would work. Whoever snitches first gets a deal.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/24/2013
    Law Office of Richard Southard
    Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
    It depends what proof there is other than his testimony that the ex was dealing. His credibility will certainly be questioned given he is facing those charges. Best for him to speak to his attorney about what information he has and let the attorney make the decision how best to use it.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 7/24/2013
    Michael Breczinski
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    He needs to try to set this up through his defense attorney. He should get a good one.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 7/24/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    He really needs to speak with his lawyer about cutting a deal. That will be the only way it happens.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 7/24/2013
Click to View More Answers: