Can my boss publicly humiliate me at work for being on public assistance in the past? 5 Answers as of September 17, 2013

I have worked at a doctor's office for 5 years. I was receiving public assistance when I started there so my boss knows that and she often talks badly about public assistance patients and then turns to me every time and says "no offense since you used to be on welfare insurance " in front of everyone. It's demeaning and I am no longer on it and was very embarrassed to be on it in the first place. I was in a tough spot with two kids and nobody.

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
There is nothing illegal about her actions, unless you believe it creates a hostile work environment.
Go immediately to the Fair Employment and Housing Department and file a complaint. You may even be allowed to file a complaint online.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I know of no reason why this is not legal in GA.
Yes she can and you can quit and get a new job. There is no law against being a mean person.
Law Office of Russell J. Thomas, Jr. | Russell J. Thomas, Jr.
No question, this guy is a jerk. Have an attorney look at a possible invasion of privacy claim.