Can my bond be revoked if charges were dropped? 17 Answers as of May 21, 2013

I’m out on bond right now. I got a new charge but was not arrested. Charges were drop. Can bails bond revoke my bond?

Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
If you paid a bondsman, that money is gone. The money you paid him was for his services. If you had posted your own bond, you would have gotten that money back. In the future, use the money to hire an attorney. The attorney can get your bond reduced so that you can get out.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If you are out on bail and get arrested the court can revoke your bail or increase it even if the charge is later dismissed. The bail bondsman should not have a problem if the case was dismissed.
The judge can revoke your bond, and/or your bondsman can come off your bond, because you are a bad candidate on bond. Good luck.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
If your new problem constitutes a technical violation, then your bond could be revoked.
The bondsman can always surrender you and the bond if they fell uncomfortable with continuing to post bail for you.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Bail bond company doesn't revoke your bond. The court does. So as long as there were no new charges, the bail will probably not be revoked.
    Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
    Sometimes, an arrest can result in the revocation of the bond. I would look to the bond retainer and see what terms were agreed to in the document.
    That would depend on a couple things. First, your bonding contract would govern when and whether your bond can be revoked. Second, it depends on the court. When pending trial, a criminal defendant is required to be on his or her best behavior. Even a dismissed charge can result in a change to your conditions of release including bail amount and bond.
    I would need further information to answer. you should hire an attorney to help.
    Yes, for picking up a new charge. A bond company is like an insurance company. Any change in the status quo can result in a change in the bond. You not being arrested is irrelevant, it simply means you're good at evading police.
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
    A bail bondsman can revoke his bond anytime and for any reason he wants to. If he thinks the bond is in jeopardy he can surrender you to the Court of the Court can issue a bench warrant. It seems harsh, but it is the law.
    They could for a violation while on bond.
    Talk to your bail bondsman This e-mail is covered under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510-2521, and is legally privileged. The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
    Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson
    Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson | Kathryn L. Hudson
    If your charges were dropped there would be no reason to lose your bond.
    Answer Applies to: Arkansas
    Law Offices of Scott G. Hilderman
    Law Offices of Scott G. Hilderman | Scott G. Hilderman
    Your bond cannot be revoked unless you violate the conditions of your release.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    Bail bondsmen cannot revoke the bond, the judge can, for failure to appear. If the charges were dropped the case is over.