Can my bankruptcy case be closed without discharge? 11 Answers as of July 03, 2012

I forgot to file the second part of the credit counseling course so my bankruptcy was closed without discharge. I cmpleted course already do I print out the certificate and hand deliver it to Fresno Bankruptcy court? And how long after that will they disharge?

Attorney At Law | Harry D. Roth
If your case has already been closed without discharge, you must pay a fee of $284 to re-open it, submit the certificate for the second class and then your discharge will be entered in a few days. If your case has not already been closed, submit the second class certificate this moment and beat the case closing. Your discharge will be issued a little more than 60 days from your 341 meeting.
If your bankruptcy was closed without a discharge due to not filing the debtor education certificate you will have to pay a filing fee to re-open the case. Then you will have to prove you have taken the course in order to get your discharge.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You would have to file a motion to reopen and grant a discharge. It is up to the Judge's discretion.
If the case is closed you will have to file a motion to reopen it to get the discharge. Filing fee on that is 260.00. Look at the courts web site to see if the forms are available for the motion.
Yes, your case can be closed without a discharge. If it was, then you need to file a motion to reopen the case so you can file the certificate.
    Compass Legal Group | Kelly Stairs
    There is a motion procedure to reopen your case you must follow before you'll be permitted to file the certificate. If/when the motion is granted you'll want to be sure to properly file the certificate along with the other required declaration. Your attorney will be able to take care of all that for you.
    You are too late to file it with the court of the case is closed. You will have to file a motion to reopen the case for the purpose of filing the certificate, pay the filing fee, have an order entered having the case reopened to file the certificate, then file the certificate and have the case closed again with a discharge.
    Sorry for the bad news but you need to file a motion to reopen the case and pay a $260 fee to reopen.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    Was your case closed or dismissed? You only have 45 days after the creditor or 341 meeting to complete and submit the certificate by the court's electronic ECF system.
    Dan Shay Law
    Dan Shay Law | Daniel Shay
    Yes, you have to file a motion to re-open your case to file the FMC.
    The Law Office of Nathan D. Borris, Esq.
    The Law Office of Nathan D. Borris, Esq. | Nathan D. Borris
    You may have to pay a filing fee to reopen the case, an then file the certificate, at which point the discharge will be entered. For a chapter 7, I believe that fee is $260.00.