Can my baby's dad take her out of state to prevent me from seeing her with no court order? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2017

He took her when I was sleeping and from what I’ve heard left state with her. I’ve called, spoke to cops about it and they just tell me without court order. They can’t do anything.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You don't say if you and the father are married. If you are, you both have equal rights to the child. That said you can file a habeas corpus action for unlawful withholding of the child. If you are not married and have not been in court to establish a parenting plan, the father has no right to see the child and you can file a parentage action (if he's not on the birth certificate), a restraining order and a habeas corpus action. You will need to provide as much information as possible about his possible wherabouts (relatives, friends, etc and their addresses) to help with the search. I suggest you get a lawyer. This is all complicated.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: