Can my lawyer proceed without my permission in my employment case? 2 Answers as of June 10, 2013

I signed an agreement that he can't settle without my approval. I believe he is afraid of the big 125-lawyer firm he is up against. The Co. the "defendant” could stand to lose millions and they willfully continue to not pay overtime under the threat of termination. The defendant's lawyer wants to settle. Doesn’t he need my permission?

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
A lawyer is prohibited from settling a case without the client's permission. I tell my clients there are really only two decisions the client gets to make, by and large, the first is who to hire as an attorney, the second is when and if to settle and for how much. you don't have to settle at any time. if the lawyer you have does not want to go forward, then get another attorney. for further information feel free to call me.
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick