Can my 20 year old boyfriend go to jail if he got me pregnant and I'm 16 years old? 1 Answers as of October 20, 2014

Here's our story. I am four months pregnant. In 2 weeks I'll be 17. My dad doesn't have legal custody of me, his mother does, my grandma. She knows about us and knows that we have been sexually active. She doesn't know I'm pregnant. I'm scared to tell her. But is there any way or anything I can do so he won't go to jail?

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
In Massachusetts the age at which a person can legally consent to sex is 16. So if you were 16 years of age or greater when you had sex with the person, he cannot be successfully prosecuted for statutory rape. Other than that I am not aware of any other reasons why your father would be in a position to have your boyfriend charged. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, ONLY. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.