Can my 18 year old stepson have his girlfriend sleep over my home against my wishes? 5 Answers as of September 05, 2013

Stepson has been threatening to beat me up. He does things to annoy me and his mother won't do anything about it. I really want him out of my home but his mother won't do anything about it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Krone Law Firm, LLC | Norman B. Krone
What about his father? If you are married to this man, tell him to deal with his child.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/5/2013
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
If he is threatening you, and if you are in fear for your safety, you can go to the courts and apply for a protection order and have him restrained from coming near you and your home.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/4/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You have a choice, divorce mom, move out or suffer. Presumably mom owns the home as well, so she has permitted the son to stay. She has that right. If it is your home, you might try divorcing mom and forcing her and son out. Talk with an attorney about the details so that you can make an informed decision.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 9/4/2013
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Not a landlord tenant Q. Its sounds like a police matter.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/4/2013
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
No, but if his mother is on your side your hands are sort of tied. You need to evict him.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 9/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: