Can a mother take her child out of state without husband's permission? 1 Answers as of August 10, 2017

Mother's family lived in PA. Woman is married to man in Washington. He brought another younger woman in the house. They had a baby, then within a little over a month, wife gave birth. Does wife need permission to take her child out of the state of Washington from husband.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
As long as nothing has been filed with the court, yes you can take the child out of state. However, the father can file and bring the child back. A better strategy would be to file a dissolution, give notice of relocation and then let the court decide if you can move the child.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: