Can the mother of my daughter only allows me to see my daughter but not with my wife and other kids? Is this even legal? 1 Answers as of August 15, 2017

I have a temporary order. My 12 years old daughter refuses to see me according to her mother. This has been going on now for 6 weeks. I have asked her mother if I can speak to her and the response was she doesn't want to talk to me. I am married with other kids and her mother tells me that my kids are a bad influence to my daughter. No clue what those as she refuses to tell me. Instead, she wants a sit down talk which was willing to but we want a mediator present to facilitate the talk and she refuses. The mom is willing to let me see my daughter on my scheduled weekends but only me and not my wife and other kids. She said she consulted an attorney and told her that this is the right thing to do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
If you have a parenting plan or other legal order allowing you to see the child at certain times, you can file a motion for contempt and ask the court to give you make up time and enforce the order. If you have no order, you need to go to court and file a parenting plan action to establish your right to see her.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/15/2017
Click to View More Answers: