Can the mother of my children move out of California without my permission? 1 Answers as of May 19, 2011

The mother of my three children and I never went to court to decide custody when we split and/or thereafter. We continued to live in the same city and I was in the children’s lives. A couple of years ago she disappeared with the kids. Just recently I found out that she moved to the state of Idaho with the two youngest (now 13 and 11) and left the oldest child (now 16) here in the care of his friends mother. Can she move out of state with them and leave the other with someone else without my permission or knowledge? What are my rights and options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Curry & Westgate
Law Office of Curry & Westgate | Patrick Curry
You need to hire an attorney to go to court for custody.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: