Can the mother of my child take her out of state without my consent or not? 7 Answers as of June 10, 2013

My daughter is now 4 I haven't been part of her life for various situations. I started paying child support for one year already but I've been on the birth certificate since she was born is it ok for her to take her out of state without my consent.

The Law Firm of Jessica M. Cotter, P.L.L.C. | Jessica M. Cotter
It is essential that you speak with an experienced family law attorney to discuss your matter. If there are no parenting time orders in place you may be foreclosed from acting, if you do not do something soon.
Elizabeth Jones, A Professional Corporation
Elizabeth Jones, A Professional Corporation | Elizabeth Jones
Unless there is a court order saying that she can't, she can take the child anywhere.
If there is no custody order in place, it is possible. It is also possible that if she goes, you may be able to get the court in your state to force her to bring the child back. But, if you have not been a part of the child's life, will you if she stays in the state. If not, don't hurt the child because you want to feel like a big man. In other words, if you force the child to stay, you have to start being her dad, not just the bio-father.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
You can file a Petition for Legitimation and have more say in these matters
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
For a short time, yes Long term it depends on if you have an legal.standing Review your order
    Glenn Milgraum PC
    Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
    If you make a motion to the Court you can stop removal provided the child is a resident of New Jersey for more than six months.Then a hearing will be held to determine if the move is inimical to the child's best interest.
    James Family Law Firm, P.C. | Amber Yerkey James
    Without a court order prohibiting her from doing so, she can take her out of the state without your consent for periods of time for vacations and day trips. Your question does not address whether or not there is a custody order of any type or if this is a vacation or permanent relocation.