Can a mistress receive spousal support? 1 Answers as of September 17, 2017

I have been with the married man for 10 years. His wife knows because we have a son together. He pays child support, not court ordered. It is just our verbal agreement. I'm wanting to make it court ordered now but I would like to know if I can get support too. He doesn't live with me 24/7 but in our time, we have had 2 places together. The apartment I'm at currently is in his name. I don't work. I go to school full time; almost done. But this was our plan to better our future. But now I'm just getting frustrated, angry and tired.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
No. It is called spousal support and spouse means marriage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: