Can a misdemeanor conviction of failing to have workers’ compensation be expunged? 8 Answers as of August 10, 2010

The conviction was over a year ago and there was a year’s probation which was fulfilled. Is expungement for this type of charge available?

Yes expungement is available for this sort of case. Feel free to contact me for more information.
Halpern Law Offices
Halpern Law Offices | Daniel B. Halpern
Yes and no. Unfortunately, I need more details to offer a clear answer. Please contact my office to provide such details!
Steven Mandell
Steven Mandell | Law Offices of Steven Mandell
Yes, it can be expunged. That will allow you to deny that you've been convicted for all purposes but with 4 exceptions:

1. If you apply for a state or local professional license, you must admit the conviction.
2. If you are ever prosecuted for anything in the future, the "expunged" conviction can be used against you.
3. If you run for public office, you must admit the conviction.
4. If you contract to do business with the CA lottery system, you must admit the conviction.

If you'd like to discuss the process and costs of the expungement procedure with me, please don't hesitate to call.
Yes, probably. The general rules are:

Many felony and misdemeanor convictions [not infractions] can sometimes be 'expunged' by proper application and Petition to the court, but only if there was no prison time served or even sentenced, if it was not for certain sex and Domestic Violence crimes, if all terms of sentencing and probation [and at least one year of probation] are completed and finished, and if there are no new charges pending. If successful, the conviction would be retroactively withdrawn and the charges dismissed. That does not 'remove' the conviction, but merely changes the record to show 'conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement'. If expunged, you would be able to say 'no' to conviction on most private employment applications. However, the conviction is still a 'prior' for purposes of repeat offense, and must be disclosed on any application for government and professional licensing, bonding, security clearance, etc. The agency and employer then can decide whether you are barred from employment because of your conviction. If you're serious about doing so, and you think you qualify, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Marcelo Dieguez
Depending on the jurisdiction and your criminal record, it is likely that this type of conviction can be expunged. You should immediately contact an attorney in your area.
    Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
    Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
    You can contact an attorney for a consultation, and you'll need to provide
    the exact penal code number for the violation.
    Criminal Defense, Inc.
    Criminal Defense, Inc. | Chad Lewin
    Yes expungement for this type of charge is available. We've successfully expunged hundreds of cases. You may contact us for a free consultation.