Can a minor get a green card? 7 Answers as of May 04, 2011

My step son is 8 years old? He is here on a K2 visa when I file the AOS will his green card be temporary?

Yes. He will get whatever status his mother is going to get and when she files her I-751 in 2 years, she should include him as well. Good luck!
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
His green card will be temporary, just like your wife's, until you are married at least two years and apply for the permanent green card.
He will get whatever you get as your dependent. Good luck!
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
If you and your wife have been married for less than two years at the time your step-son's adjustment of status application is approved he will be issued a conditional green card that is valid for two years.
Your son will have a temporary green card, if you have a conditional green card. If it is permanent, and you have applied for him under a follow-along visa application, and he was on the original petition, then no, it will be permanent. And if conditional, then when you apply to remove conditions after two years, his need to be included, and it will be.
    Like his parent who had the K1, he must file for adjustment of status. If at the time his adjustment of status is granted, you and his parent have been married less than 2 years, he will receive a 2 year conditional Green Card.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    File for him at the same time as his mother (Who I am assuming his your fianc or now wife). His green card will have the same duration as his mother. (Either 2 years or 10 years depending on how long you have been married on the day the case is approved). Good luck.