Can a mediation agreement be modified? 3 Answers as of August 14, 2011

During a recent mediation, my wife and my son's biological father, agreed to certain terms, she wants rid of him and so do I. the agreement states that I will adopt my son and that as of the day of the mediation, no further child support is due other than arrears, also, that we will lift the filling for contempt of court in a reasonable time frame. The agreement is not signed by the parties. Can the agreement be modified to state that child support continues and the contempt will be lifted once the adoption is final?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Nora Rilo
Law Office of Nora Rilo | Nora Rilo
If the agreement was not signed by any of the parties, there is no agreement and therefore the parties can modified the agreement.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/14/2011
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
My position is agreement is not binding upon the Parties unless it is signed or put on the record under oath in the presence of a court reporter. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: