Can a married 16 year old fix her illegal husband's papers? 6 Answers as of July 08, 2013

Can a 16 year old fix her husband papers at that age? This is including a child. If not, can she do it at 18?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
As long as the marriage was legal when entered into under state law the answer is yes at 16 or 18. Whether or not he can obtain his papers here or must return home needs to be assessed; these are tricky cases and I recommend you work with an immigration attorney to properly advise you and him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/3/2012
Wildes & Weinberg, P.C. | Leon Wildes
If she is a US citizen and is legally married, she can sponsor her husband. She should have good representation, however.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/22/2011
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
There is a lot of information needed to properly assess the question. We would need to know more about the marriage to ensure it is valid. We would need additional information about the spouses and their immigration status, including how they entered the country.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/8/2013
Kanu & Associates, P. C. | Solomon O. Kanu
No. She married him at 16?
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 5/30/2013
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
The bigger issue is the status of the husband. How did he enter the US, any immigratiuon filings and any criminal history.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/22/2011
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    If the marriage was legally recognized, and the couple has a child and are living as husband and wife, there will be options. However, it is important to consult with an attorney to be sure what the exact options are.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 12/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: