Can a man really deport his sons and Wife? 1 Answers as of June 06, 2011

My father came to the states on an asylum status. He brought myself my brother and my mother to the states after few years. Now my father is a permanent resident and rest of us are U.S citizens. There is a chance my father will get deported because of domestic violence occurrences, he is threatening my mother and I that if he gets deported he will tell the courts that he initially applied asylum under different name, and than when he didn't get approved he applied under different alias. This would be considered fraud, I believe. His claim is that since he brought us on the basis of his asylum case, we would get deported as well. My question, to you is, Does his claims have any validity? Should we be worried? We just want him out of our life.

Technically if your father had a fraudulent asylum claim or he is not really your father, or something of that nature, then his own status is fraudulent and DHS can revoke that of the other members of the family. However it doesn't sound like that is the case- you are saying that the claim was real and he is your father. So in that instance it would probably be considered harmless error. However I am not 100% sure of this. To calm your mind and understand all options/risk, please locate a local competent immigration attorney who specializes in asylum and removal and have a full consult!