Can a man force a woman to get DNA test on her child if she is continually telling him he is not the father? 10 Answers as of January 07, 2014

I don't know what the rights are, but I've told him several times that considering how far along I am, he isn't the father. He doesn't accept it. He did this with the last girl he was with too. She was pregnant at the time they slept together and told her that's my baby and when it was born it looked nothing like him so he dropped it. Now he's telling everyone that he's going to have the baby live with him and telling people it's his. I don't want a test done just to show him he's wrong. I'm not going to give in to his will. But could he force me?

Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC | Annette M. Cox
He can file a petition to establish paternity and the court can order DNA testing. He would have to go through the process of filing a formal petition, however if you are unwilling to agree.
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C. | Douglas L. Bryan
He could file a petition to establish paternity and ask the judge to order DNA testing if he truly believes he's the father. It would be up to the judge to decide whether there is just cause for him to believe he may be the father.
He can if he goes to court and asks for a determination of paternity.
Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson | Eric Johnson
This man cannot demand that you give a DNA test to determine the paternity of your baby as a matter of right, but if he files a paternity action in court alleging that he is the father of your child, and you deny this, then yes, he can demand a DNA test and the court will order the DNA test be conducted to determine paternity.
Woods, May & Matlock, PC
Woods, May & Matlock, PC | Robert J. Matlock
The court has authority to order DNA testing. I suggest you hire a lawyer.
    The individual claiming to be the father could insist upon a paternity test and may even file a paternity action if he believes that he is the biological father.
    J. Barbour Rixey, P.C.
    J. Barbour Rixey, P.C. | J. Barbour Rixey
    Once the baby is born he could file a petition requesting a paternity determination of the child. If he is the father he will be responsible for child support and I doubt seriously he would have any chance to get physical custody.
    Family Law & Mediation Services, LLC | Carol Jean Romine
    He can't force you to get a DNA test but the Court can if he files a petition requesting a determination of paternity OR if you seek certain government benefit and name him as a potential father.
    Petit & Dommershausen SC
    Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
    He can file a motion for paternity. It is up to the court to decide whether the test is necessary.