Can a man convicted of rape get out if the victim writes a letter and says he did not do it? 4 Answers as of March 22, 2013

A man was convicted of rape 4 1/2 years ago. He has appealed it twice and been turned down.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Probably not. But consult with a local attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/22/2013
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Unlikely, because nobody will believe the victim at this stage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/22/2013
Edward  D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law
Edward D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law | Edward D. Dowling IV
I would need further information to answer. However , it is possible , but the victim, if she had testified or gave statement that he had committed the crime, may have charges brought against her because now she is changing what she said before. The victim should consult an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances and so should the person charged.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/22/2013
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
This is extremely complicated. This is something that cannot be answered here. You should consult a lawyer about this and the consequences.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 3/22/2013
Click to View More Answers: