Can a lien be placed after my bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of April 12, 2011

I did bankruptcy a year and a half ago and I included my hoa now I receive a notice that they are going to put a lien can they do that?

Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
If you filed a Ch 13, liens are automatically wiped away upon BK discharge. However, in a Ch 7 a motion to avoid a lien is necessary to do so.
That depends on what the lien is for. If it is for dues or assessments you incurred after your bankruptcy case was filed, then yes I believe they can legally do so.
You must talk to the attorney you paid to handle your case. Normally the answer would be no.
Home Owners Associations often times have the ability to place liens on the homes through the ByLaws of the Association. While you may have filed Bankruptcy and therefore the Home Owners Association cannot collect against you, your home is another story. Similar to property tax, your home is what owes the money and collecting against you arises because you want to keep the home. Putting a lien on the home is technically not collecting against you, it is collecting against the real estate and is permitted.
Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed
Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed | Robert Weed
Have you continued paying them after the bankruptcy was filed? Each month after the bankruptcy is filed is a new after bankruptcy debt. They can put a lien on your propertyor sue you personallyfor that. They cannot put an after bankruptcy lien for the amount you were behind when you filed the bankruptcy. That's a violation. And they cannot apply your after bankruptcy payments (which they sometimes do) to the before bankruptcy debts.
    Yes, the HO fees after you file are not included in the discharge. You cannot discharge debts incurred after you file a Chapter 7 case. Only debts owed on the date of filing the case are dischargeable.