Can the landlord just change her mind after our verbal agreement regarding my dog? 6 Answers as of February 06, 2014

We agreed that as long as I provide the apartment with new carpet and floors it’s OK. We did installed them and now (a year later) she said no pets anymore. We don’t have a written agreement for the lease or for the pet deal that we had. She gave me 3 days to get rid of my dog.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Without a written lease the landlord can change the terms on 30 days notice.
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
If you relied on verbal agreement and you have honored the terms you can fight any action she might take on those grounds. You should consult a real estate attorney to review all of facts and assist you.
All such lease arrangement should always be in writing for reasons that are obvious now. This does not mean that oral promises can be broken at will. Certainly, the receipt for the new floors would be evidence that something out of the ordinary is going on. If she attempts eviction based on a breach of the lease, you would seem to have a good defense so long as you can persuade the court that your version of events is the truth.
Yes, because you did not get it in writing. I suppose you might make a claim that the new carpet was consideration for the dog, but without it being in writing, she can more than likely make you stick to the written agreement.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
I would fight it in court. Send her a letter recounting the history via certified mail, return receipt requested. Then, if she tries to evict you, show the Judge the letter and tell your story. Bring any witnesses.
    Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
    Even if you didn't have a dog, you can be told to vacate the premises because you don't have a signed lease. It is curious that you put new carpeting in already. That seems odd. It is normally done when you are leaving. Not before. Obviously the dog can mess up the new carpeting, so what good did that do you. Perhaps the cost you incurred could persuade a judge that the landlord is being unreasonable.